Saturday, May 16, 2009

The prom night murders

I have been looking for a good book to read for a very long time! And I finally found one that I just cannot put down! For those of you who don't know, I have a huge fascination with real life crimes, murders, serial killers, mysteries, etc... (I dont know if it is because of Me and My Mom watching Unsolved Mysteries every night I was growing up, lol) I don't know why, and no I'm not a psycho, I don't LIKE those things, I just like learning about them and reading them... I guess in a sense, it's the kind of "history" I like to learn about and study. I guess I should have became a crime scene investigator lol. But anways...back to the book. I found a book the other day, called "The Prom Night Murders" and seen that it was based on a true story. So I bought it, best thing I could have done, I LOVE IT! I hate the crime that took place, but I love the story.
It is about a guy named Jeff Pelley who got grounded from going to Prom, and therefor, the worst case of mass murder in Indiana took place... He killed his father, stepmom, and two youngest step sisters with a shotgun! Horrible... But if you are into true life crime, I highly recommend this book... It is a crime that took 2 decades to solve!
Pictured below is a picture of the book cover, and below that, an actual picture of the family.


The top row is: Jeff's Sister Jacque, JEFF, and step sister Jessica
The bottom row is: Jeff's Stepmom, Jeff's young stepsister, Jeff's Dad, and the other young step sister...
the bottom four were the ones murdered...
This book is part of the "new york times best selling" and it says that there are A LOT of books just like this one that I'm going to start reading...all you have to do is find the books that are from the New york time's list...and on the binding show a logo, that says True Crime Library!
Today I just bought one that is about Ted Bundy, whom I've already read almost every book, watched every movie about...but I hadn't seen this book before...so that will be my next one..
PS - I hope none of you find it disturbing that I like to read/watch such stuff...

2 comments:

Whitney said...

I used to love watching Unsolved Mysteries when I was little too! Ha, I also love all that crime stuff. Hence why I am majoring in Criminal Justice at school. I'll have to check the book out. See ya!

Andrea said...

And here I thought I was crazy because I love learning about serial killers! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm a big Bundy follower too. My mom went to law school with him, and tried to flirt with him, so I constantly tease her about that! The book looks great! Thanks for telling us about it