So I ended up having to take Raider (our red boned coon hound) to the vet today. He has been losing weight like crazy, eating really fast when he eats (But don't gain anything, instead loses), and the past couple of days he has been really weak (Won't even jump on our bed, weak). So we bought him so deworming medicine from wal-mart and gave it to him and was waiting to see how that worked out, but he's just been going down hill really fast! And last night before I got into bed I noticed that his mussle was missing skin and bleeding, so I figured it was time to take him to the vet. Well when I got there, they said of course how skinny he is. He weighed 49 lbs. And they narrowed it down to like 2 things that it could most likely be: either worms (a very severe case, possibly from being out in the hills when we lost him etc), or I don't remember the name of it, but where his insides is litterally eating him alive. They said both should be curable, they did blood work on him and send him home with some nutrical stuff that I have to give him (For higher calories) and also wants me to change his diet from dog chow to puppy chow for higher calories as well. They gave him some potent dewormer and hopefully that stuff will help him put some weight on and heal him. I am still waiting to hear the results of the blood work, they are supposed to call me back today with the results. And we have to take him in again in 2 weeks to weigh him and see if he's progressing.
I got so frusterated while I was there though, because the doctor asked me what his name was and I told him Raider (And the woman working in the room next to us yelled) "Cyndi's Raider" and I said "Was, we got him from her" so she came into the room to look at him, and started going off about how much he don't look like he did when Cyndi had him (And the doctor luckily stood up for me and said how sick he is, which would of course cause him to lose weight) but the woman really offended me, the way she looked at me and raider, and "implied" that I was not taking care of him...very upsetting! She even wanted to call cyndi to find out how much raider used to weigh, and the doctor said, "NO! You don't need to call her, and started going off about customer confidentiallity!" Thank goodness, my gosh woman!
But I will keep you updated on how Raider is doing...we love him so much, he is just like a 3rd child to us, we love having him in our family and we DO TAKE CARE OF HIM!
As if I would take him to the vet if I was starving him!!! ARGH!!
But about a month ago, Scott drew this comic of Raider I will post on here, it is SOO Funny, and I will explain the whole story behind it...
CHECK BACK IN ABOUT AN HOUR AND I WILL HAVE THE DRAWING POSTED, AND HOPEFULLY THE RESULTS OF RAIDER'S BLOOD WORK!
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Poor Doggy....
Posted by The Harrison's at 3:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












0 comments:
Post a Comment