Thursday, October 23, 2008

Jaycen - Day#2

At around 5:30 a.m. the nurse checked me again and I was dilated to 4 cm, and I was having contractions every 2 minutes, so the doctor said he was too afraid to lifeflight me for fear of me delivering on the flight, and had started to prepare for me having a baby that day. Well around noon, when they tested me again they said I was still only a 4 and that nothing was really changing, so they called lifeflight and they showed up 45 minutes later, (Now for those of you who know me, knows that was NOT GOOD! I HAVE NEVER BEEN IN A PLANE, AND NEVER INTENDED ON BEING IN ONE!) Well anyways, I got lifeflighted to the University of Utah Hospital, and on the way out to the helicopter my mom was trying to keep up and ended up falling which only made it that much harder! I was so sad and scared for my mom, and terrified that I was being put on a freaking helicopter lol! (Scott, My Mom, and Mikylee drove out) and I was still having really bad contractions, and once they gave me my epideral I was speedy through the whole delivery, in fact, Scott missed it by only 4 minutes, it was so sad! But I had Jaycen Scott Harrison at 4:59 PM on October 23rd (Thursday) and he weighed 5 lbs 14.5 oz (1 oz short of 6 lbs), and we dont know how long he is yet, he is currently in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit. His daddy got to go with him into the nursery before taking him to the ICU. The doctor's came in and told us that he had what was called a Phnemothorax (Don't know if that is the correct spelling), but what it means is a hole in the lung, but they said it isn't very big and will more than likely heal itself. But he is on oxygen through what is called a CPAP and he has so many IV's it's so sad to see him hooked to so much stuff, but he is beautiful and a wonderful sized baby for being a month early! I was in room #205 and I have done great after the delivery the only thing bad is the emotional pain from not being able to hold Jaycen or have him in my room with me, but Scott, Mikylee, and my Mom all stayed in the hospital room with me which was really nice. (After calling the nurses at the NBICU, we found out Jaycen measured 19" long when he was born, and his head circumference was 33 cm).
(AND I HAVE STARTED DIGITAL SCRAPBOOKING, so those are the pics I am going to post is my scrapbook pages!) (You will have to click on the pictures to see them bigger!)




0 comments: