Friday, November 7, 2008

Jaycen's Going Home!! =)

So after two weeks and two days! Jaycen finally gets to come home to everybody who loves him! YAY! He has been such the little trooper! We are very proud of him and can't wait to get him home! Saturday the 8th is when he gets discharged!

SPECIAL THANKS TO 5 SPECIFIC PEOPLE AT THE U OF U HOSPITAL! :

#1: Bart (The Airmed Nurse and Jaycen's Nurse one day!):
He was awesome when I got lifeflighted to SLC, he knew I was completely terrified and did absolutely everything he could to try and make me more comfortable and relaxed. And then 2 days after Jaycen was born he was the day nurse with him and he had cleaned Jaycen up so much and took out all of those stupid IV's that the other nurses had put in and fixed the one in his head to look a lot better! Which meant a lot to me and Scott! And he is just an over all great guy! When we were in there and was talking to him, he told us of how there are some families who don't even call and check on their kids in there! That's just horrible, and there was one case where a kid was about to taken to foster care, and Bart said, No, he's not going to foster care, I'm going to adopt him, and he did! THANKS BART!

#2: Becky (The Labor & Delivery Nurse):
She was the first person I seen after arriving at the U of U, and she was just a wonderful nurse through my whole delivery! She was very understanding and thoughtful and explained everything to me which I love! She stayed in the room with me the entire time and helped me so much! Thanks Becky!

#3: Mariah (Jaycen's Primary Nurse):
One night when we were visiting Jaycen she was in the same room because she was two of the babies getting discharged Primary Nurse and one of the mom's said, I never expected her to be ready to come home so soon, and Mariah said, When I get them they get out fast, and I made a joke saying...WE PICK YOU! And the next day she became Jaycen's Primary Nurse, and look at that, it's still true! He got to come home a lot sooner than they claimed! THANKS SO MUCH MARIAH!

Jaycen with his Primary Nurse MARIAH!

#4: Mike (One of Jaycen's main nurses):
He ended up being Jaycen's nurse almost every day we were back in town, and he was so nice on the phone and did amazing with Jaycen! Jaycen took more milk with Mike than he has anybody!! And because of how well he did with Mike, that is why he is finally able to come home! Thanks Mike!!

One of his main nurses MIKE!

#5: Becky (Nurse Practitioner/Doctor):
Scott and I became very frustrated with the U of U changing their mind about things so much and not seeming like they really wanted us to ever be able to take our son home, and then finally one day I ended up talking to Becky on the phone when we were in town and she just has done so much to get him home to us! THANKS SO MUCH BECKY!

0 comments: