Monday, November 24, 2008

"Yay's and Nay's"

So today, well first off, I guess I should start with (For those of you who don't know) we got into a bad situation a little over a month ago and had to move from our house, and well we had just found this place the day before my water broke, and had ONE HECK OF A MONTH! between labor, jaycen being in the hospital for a total of sixteen days, and moving...hectic, and crazy month! probably the craziest of my life! But anyways...
So we are in a rental that is pretty pricey, but in Vernal, that's the story with anything, and we just barely finished unpacking...almost everything.
Now continuing with where this story was going to start..lol..
We went for our daily walk today, and we just decided to circle the subdivision...and on our walk we seen one of the other houses had a "For Rent with Lease Option" sign in the window. So I had Scott go and read it and he got the number for me and I called on it for fun. And come to find out, if we had seen this a month ago...It would have DEFINATELY been the best option! But...it wasn't available then, and basically when we moved we had to take what we could get (Which I'm not saying this place is bad, because it's not, in fact, for the most part I love it.) The only thing we don't really like about it, is we are RENTING. But..anyhow...I called on it, and we looked into, he told us where the key was so we went inside and looked at it, It is a gorgeous 3 level home with 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bath, Living Room, Family Room, GORGEOUS KITCHEN, Garage, Unfinished basement, Pretty large Laundry Room. Well...we liked it..overall.
SO NOW...we are playing the "YAY and NAY" game...lol (For those of you wondering what the heck that is, we are looking at the Pro's and Con's of each home, and trying to decide what to do. We really don't like the thought of MOVING again! But...then again...to be paying on something that will be OURS again...Definate PLUS!
So like I said, we are debating, and don't know what to do.
So let us know your opinion on the situation k.

Perks to The house we are in now:
1. We are already in it and unpacked
2. It is a nice place
3. We have really nice neighbors
4. Has an awesome Jetted tub in master bathroom
5. Has already landscaped yard

Perks to The Other House:
1. Renting to Own! It would be ours!
2. Still in the nice subdivision and location we are
3. Bigger
4. It would be ours, we can have our dogs inside, poke holes in the wall etc.
5. Has a BEAUTIFUL Kitchen, and Bigger laundry room, and bigger yard.
6. The garage is set up A LOT better

Downs to the House we are in now:
1. RENTING...aka wasting our money
2. Only one living room which interferes in owning a tv and a projector
3. We only have a 1 year lease on it, and the landlord could sell the place to somebody else at ANY time. (Kinda scary)
4- We are afraid the landlord is going broke aka bankrupt (Kind of hinted at it) Which is really scary!
5- Not ours, can't paint, can't hang things really, can't have Roxy inside...NOT OURS!

Downs to the Other House:
1- Moving again...
2- Double Shower instead of a tub in Master Bath (Which Scott likes, I'm not too fond of!)
3- Laundry room is on the Main level vs the Level with the bedrooms (Biggest pet peeve of mine with multi-level homes.
4- Yard is not landscaped
5- Transfering Utilities, Mail, and everything else again.

So ya, give us your opinion....we could use it!....I hate the YAY and NAY game! lol.

0 comments: