Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Jaycen's follow-up

Jaycen also had his follow up appointment today, and it was mostly to monitor his head size (which has grown an inch!) and to see if the results for the IGA defficiency test were back yet. And before I tell you what I found out, I need to explain what Mikylee's IGA defficiency results were (4 years ago)... see when we found out that Mikylee had IGA defficiency, the doctor explained to us, how there are all of these different immune systems in your body and blood cells, etc. And well with Mikylee having IGA defficiency, she was very low on her IGA blood cells which meant she had the IGA defficiency I keep talking about (which in english, means she has a very POOR immune system!) she can't fight off infection/germs etc, like most people can...
WELL...today we got Jaycen's results....and NOT ONLY does he have IGA Defficiency he is IGA Non-existent (lol, no that's not really a name for it) but...he litterally has NO IGA blood cells... so basically he has NO IMMUNE SYSTEM! Wow.... I cannot believe my poor kids!

0 comments: