So yesterday took a sort of, unexpected turn. see when i first put the post about raider on here, i thought I'd be writing what the results were, treating it short term, and being done with that... well when the doctor called with the results of the blood test, it said that his potasium levels were very dangerous, and that his body isn't producing enough steroids...AND...that he has a disease (dont remember the name of it) that makes his inside of his body litterally eat itself basically. So NOT GOOD! And also, when the doctor called, he said that I needed to bring Raider back right away and get him hooked up to an IV and stay the night there. So I took him in, and while I was there the doctor ran some numbers by me of about how much all of this is going to cost, and also explained to me how he would have to be on medication for the rest of his life, and somebody with him 24/7 because if he starts doing anything out of the ordinary (even just breathing differently, heart beating differently etc) then I need to bring him back to the animal hospital RIGHT AWAY...he said, this is VERY LIFE THREATENING! And so last night, Scott and I discussed all of this, and we decided that depending on what happened over night, we might just have to the hard thing and put him down...which breaks my heart!
Well the doctor called today and said that his levels are now where they are supposed to be, BUT he is still going to have to have the medication for the rest of his life, and have somebody with him constantly...so we don't know forsure what we're going to do. Scott is at work (won't be home until 8pm) and Raider is home right now, I figured no matter what we decided I would bring him home and let Mikylee spend some time with him, and us.. :( :( we'll keep you updated on what we decide to do... poor raider BREAKS MY HEART! :( we love that dog so much!
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Well....
Posted by The Harrison's at 3:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












0 comments:
Post a Comment