Monday, February 9, 2009

Hmm...where to start

On Saturday, Scott and Raider went up in the hills target shooting and Raider ended up taking off, and Scott searched for him for hours before coming home with no luck. Scott even stayed out there after dark, before finally giving up. Well we were all very emotional, we love Raider so much. The next morning, Scott and I took the kids to Grandma and Grandpa's house so we could go search for him some more in the day light, and we didn't find him, we got stuck in the truck something bad, luckily Scott was able to get us out, and we came home without Raider...:( Well, I know I probably shouldn't have but we got another dog (because i looked on ksl.com) and seen one that we all really liked that was already house trained and great with kids and other dogs. And go figure, her name is Roxy, so we're used to the name... but the reason we decided to go ahead and get her was we were certain Raider was gone, I mean he was in the hills with miles and miles he could go and never be found... but today I got an email from Scott's Aunt saying that her friend picked up a dog on the highway on Saturday night, that fit Raiders description and so I am just waiting to hear back from her whether or not it's him. So I got Roxy as an early anniversary present, because with it being house trained and everything already, we love her, and she's doing great. So we will probably keep her also if we get Raider back, but luckily if we decide we can't manage all three dogs, I do have Roxy as a trial basis basically, we are seeing how she does in our home with our family, and we will let the original owners know if we are keeping her or returning her...so atleast we're not commited yet... but seeing how good Roxy is doing, and how much we all already love her, I think we'll try and keep all three..IF IT IS RAIDER! But I do have to say, that finally my life is starting to turn around a little at a time. Which I very much needed! Things have been so hard for us in the past few months, and little by little things are getting better. And I'm hoping with that, that it is Raider and that he comes home! I have still been losing weight, thank goodness! And I am getting better and cooking almost every meal, and doing better with money, and a LOT better with the kids! So not to sit here and brag, but I am very pleased with these changes.

Well I'll post some pictures of the new dog Roxy, so you can see what she looks like, she is a husky/german shepard mix.

0 comments: